60 degrees! The layers are coming off and it’s just a little reminder that summer is around the corner! So without further ado- I have for you:
1. Butt-kicking class schedule 2. Booty-shaking Playlist 3. Rump slimming recipe
Have a great week! x-Kym
1. CLASS SCHEDULE
- Tue Mar 99:30 AM, 10:30 AM, 83rd St. www.soul-cycle.com
- Thu Mar 119:30 AM, 10:30 AM, 83rd St & 3rd ave
- Wed Mar 107:30 PM, Tribeca 103 Warren St.
- Sat Mar 139:30 AM, 103 Warren St.
Tues Mar 9 6pm Abs, 6:30 Cardio Dance- Clay, 25 W. 14th St. $20 2. PLAYLIST from Saturday!
Featuring a the Cure’s LOVE SONG mashed up with Outkast’s BOMB’s OVER BAGDAD. Awesome. 3. RECIPE
CHICKEN & SPICED APPLES
- 2 apples, preferably Braeburn, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/8 teaspoons herbes de Provence, (see Note), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Toss apple slices with lemon juice and cinnamon in a small bowl. Heat 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Mix 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or the bottom of a small saucepan to a 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with the seasoning mixture.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add half the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and keep warm. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter to the pan; heat over high heat. Cook the remaining chicken in the same manner.
- Add broth, lemon zest, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon herbes and any accumulated juices from the chicken to the pan. Cook, stirring to scrape up any browned bits, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with the sautéed apples.
TIPS & NOTES
- Ingredient note:
- Herbes de Provence is a mixture of dried herbs commonly used in the south of France. You can find commercial mixtures in specialty stores, but it is easy to make your own. Mix 1 tablespoon each (or equal proportions) dried thyme, rosemary, oregano, marjoram and savory in a small jar. If desired, add a pinch of dried lavender and crushed aniseed.
Per serving: 191 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 72 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 292 mg sodium; 342 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Niacin (65% daily value), Selenium (29% dv).