So I made this new fitness goal for the summer: to try a new workout every week. Some rules:
- the workout cannot take the place of any of my normal workouts/ it must be in addition to.
- “workout” is defined here as anything that challenges my body & gets my heart rate up.
So this week after teaching my double AM classes on 83rd & 3rd, I ran upstairs to Bikram NYC for 1.5 hours of yoga in 103 degree heat. oof! It was awesome. and so hard. Even though I have to stick to my goal and do something different this week, I think I will also toss in another yoga class!
- TUES 9:30/10:30 Spin @ 83rd& 3rd
- WED 6:15pm Bands/7:30pm Spin @ 103 Warren
- THURS 9:30/10:30 Spin @ 83rd & 3rd
- SAT 9:30 Soul Survivor/ @ 103 Warren
- 10:45 Bands
OPEN TRAINING SLOTS:
- TUES 4pm, 5pm, 6pm
- WED 12pm, 1pm, 2pm
- THURS 12pm-9pm
- SAT 1pm
PLAYLIST: Saturday’s Soul Survivor Playlist. 1hr.
Quick and Simple Black Bean Burgers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons salsa, divided
- In a large bowl, mash beans with a fork. Add the rice, onion, egg and 2 tablespoons salsa; mix well. Drop by 1/2 cupfuls into a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until firm and browned.
- Nutritional Analysis: One sandwich equals 368 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 875 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.