This is a take on a favorite recipe from last summer, Balsamic-Marinated Pork Chops and Peaches. At this point in June, peaches are in-season and at their best. Making efforts to eat produce that is in-season will allow you to cut costs on your grocery bill and ensure that your diet has variety and most important: good taste!Serves 4Hands-On Time: 10mTotal Time: 1hr 30m
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 peaches, quartered (peeled, if desired)
- 4 small shallots, halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Rub the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Place in a roasting pan or baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the peaches, shallots, vinegar, thyme, and the remaining oil, salt, and pepper.
- Scatter the peach mixture around the chicken. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and a thigh registers 180° F on a meat thermometer, about 1 hour, 10 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with the peaches and pan sauce.