I tend to focus more on my work-outs rather than my diet- but as summer is fast approaching, a little extra attention for BOTH is necessary when hitting the beach. So I'm cutting out the bread, the milk/sugar in my coffee and diving into 5 little meals/day. Time to share with you 5 foods that are great for getting lean!
1. Yogurt: A great choice for breakfast or a post-workout snack. It's protein content will help you feel satisfied longer as well as help repair muscle after working out.
2. Quinoa: with 8g of protein and 5g of fiber per cup, quinoa is a great dish for eating well and staying lean. Toss in some veggies, tofu or chicken to make a tasty meal.
3. Green Tea: Take tea time! Green tea has been studied for it's effect on the metabolism. It's considered to help burn abdominal fat. Plus slowly sipping a hot beverage helps reduce appetite.
4. Cinnamon: Studies suggest cinnamon is helpful in stabalizing blood-sugar levels. Plus adding a little to your coffee or yogurt gives your tastebuds flavor and sweetness without any calories.
5. Grapefruit: My dad always ate half a grapfruit at breakfast- and guess what?he was always lean! Turns out he was onto something: it's packed with soluble fiber which takes much longer to digest- thus leaving your belly feeling full longer!