The weather is hot- and I refuse to turn on my oven or stove right now. Here's a recipe that meets my 3 requirements: Takes 5 min. to make. No cooking or baking involved. Tastes yummy and can be shared.
No-Cook Black Bean Dip
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 (16-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips and, if you're with that sort of crowd, assorted cut-up raw vegetables
1. Transfer one tablespoon of the red onion to a cup and set aside for the garnish
2. In a blender or food processor, purée the beans, remaining red onion, vinegar, orange juice, cilantro, oil, garlic, and cumin.
3. Transfer the dip to a bowl; add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the reserved red onion and serve with tortilla chips and vegetables.