I was perusing Write.Click.Cook.Listen and came across this great easy recipe I wanted to share. The blog comes inclusive with an amazing soundtrack, too. This entry features Phantogram. Love them.
Black Bean Croquettes
-4 cups black beans (the older the better) -1 tsp. cumin -1/4 cup frozen corn kernels -1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup panko -2 tomatoes, diced -2 scallions, sliced -1 1/2 tsp chili powder -1/4 tsp. salt -2 Tbs. olive oil
1. Coat a baking sheet w/ cooking spry. Preheat oven to 425
2. In a metal bowl, mash the black beans and cumin until there are no whole beans remaining. Add the corn and 1/4 cup of panko. In separate bowl, combine the tomatoes, scallions, 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder and salt.
3. Pour the tomato mixture into the black beans.
4. Mix the remaining panko, chili powder & olive oil in a small bowl. Stir until the panko has been coated. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons worth of bean mixture and shape into a ball. Roll in the panko until entire surface is covered. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat until bean mixture has all been made.
5. Bake balls for about 20 minutes (or until the panko has browned)
6. Serve with salsa