HEY GUYS!!! Oh…sorry...
I’ll write quieter.
This week’s video features my top 5 favorite homemade hangover cures. This comes shortly after my Walk of Shame Workout…I think you get the idea of what I’ve been up to in LA.
But I feel no shame. Partying, socializing, and even moderate drinking is all a part of a healthy lifestyle. Although, just like the burn the day after a powerful workout, there is a draw back to a night of…uh…living a healthy lifestyle.
1. Bananas – when you drink a lot, you pee a lot; and when you pee a lot, you pee out stuff your body needs…like potassium. Bananas are a fantastic source of potassium. This is by far the simplest method of treating a hangover – even a monkey could do it.
2. Water – a no-brainer. Drink this stuff like your life depends on it. I keep a jar by my bed that I fill with water. I drink all of it before I go to bed to minimize the hangover effects. Drink it in the morning as well and avoid stuff that will dehydrate you – like more alcohol.
3. Ginger tea – I make a killer ginger tea. This is great for a hangover because it not only hydrates you, it can help settle your stomach, and help you metabolize the alcohol in your system. First, cut off a piece of ginger root and slice it up into small chunks. Now, you can either boil it with the water and then strain out the ginger, or let the ginger steep in the hot water. Squeeze a slice of lemon in the tea, and add some honey.
4. Chicken soup – this is a good way to get food in your belly when you don’t feel like eating anything solid. Its got some salt, it’ll hydrate you, and give you some protein. I like to put broccoli in mine as the soup is heating up because of the B vitamins in broccoli – B vitamins are great after a night of drinking.
5. Smoothie – I love to toss in some frozen fruit instead of ice in my smoothie because ice will water it down. Try some frozen blueberries, frozen mango, fresh blackberries, fresh pineapple, and nonfat greek yogurt – put it all in a blender and blend until your desired thickness. Add some honey if its too tart.
Be kind to yourself today. Your hangover is your body saying "give me time to recover!" Listen to it.