My job requires a lot of exercise and offers me very little time to myself. Because of this I've become a master of speed cooking! And I mean, of course, cooking healthy food quickly...not cooking on Adderall. Watch my video to see how to make 3 healthy dishes in 5 minutes:
- Marinated Kale Salad (if you have more time, check out this recipe: Autumn Kale Salad)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Steamed Broccoli
What You'll Need:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon Juice (or half a lemon)
- Olive Oil
- A pot
- Steamer & some paper towels (optional- not necessary)
- 3 bowls (1 must be microwavable)
What To Do:
- Rinse kale & broccoli.
- Throw a few tablespoons of water into the pot and then insert the steamer.
- Cut up broccoli and place it on top of the steamer.
- Cover the pot and turn on high heat.
- Cut up your sweet potato into chunks and place into microwavable bowl.
- Cover bowl with damp paper towel.
- Place bowl into microwave for about 3 -5 minutes until soft.
- Squeeze dry the kale with a paper towel.
- Place kale into a bowl.
- Squeeze lemon, add a splash of olive oil onto the kale.
- Massage and squeeze the kale, then add some almonds.
- Salt & pepper the kale to taste.
- Once broccoli is bright green (2-3min!), remove and place into a bowl & season to taste.
I like to add some hot sauce to my broccoli or kale salad, and some peanut butter to my sweet potatoes, but it's not necessary.
These three dishes provide an assortment of protein; vitamins C, D, B6; iron; fiber; and a whole lot more good stuff! Kale is especially wonderful because it helps detoxify the liver - which is perfect for party people like me.